Friday, April 16, 2010

Ready... Go.

How hard is it to learn something on your own? The few things I've taught myself on my own don't even deserve mention. To be fair, I haven't had any real reason to learn something on my own before; I figured that time would come after I had got into my main career. However, one of my classes this semester made me feel just a little bit like I was teaching myself something new. Now obviously, it wasn't entirely on my own, but our excellent professor was very good at forcing us into situations where we had to work very hard to figure things out, and it paid off in buckets. I now have a decent grasp of the Verilog language, and a better feel for how to learn on my own.

So today will mark the beginning of a mild experiment. I don't have much time right now due to term papers, projects, and finals coming up, but we'll still consider today to be the start. I have no idea how far I'll get, or even how well I'll maintain interest, but I think I've found a pretty good source to get started from. Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment